Using tags to display images

Hi Backlog users,

Previously, Backlog had new updates in terms of pasting images from clipboard.

So today, I shall share tips on displaying images in your issues and comments.

Image Display Options and Formatting Rules

After you have attached an image to your issue or comment, you can click on it and options will show up.

Then, click on any option to insert the image tag into the issue/comment description.

Note: If the project is using markdown formatting rules, there will be no thumbnail image tag option. Thumbnail image option is only available for Backlog formatting rules.

How to change formatting rules

Project administrators can choose either markdown or Backlog formatting rules.

Go to Project Settings > General, at the Formatting Rules section, select Backlog or Markdown at the dropdown menu, then click Submit.

Image display after issue or comment is submitted

After submitting the issue with image tags, it will show up like this in the final result:

The top image is resized to fit the issue description box, while the bottom is the image with thumbnail tag, e.g. #thumbnail(image-name.png)

If you click on the thumbnail image, it will load the full-sized image in a new browser tab.

Preview before submitting

You can click on the Preview button to see how the image looks in the comment or issue. And you can also attach more images or edit your message.

What if I forget how to write tags?

No worries, for help on tags, you can click on the ‘?’ button in the text editor and a formatting guide will pop up.

For displaying images, you can refer to the image section in the guide.

Backlog formatting rules for adding images

Markdown formatting rule for adding images

Insert images hosted at other sites

Do you know that you can also insert a link to images hosted on other site?

Using images can be a great way to emphasize your ideas or thoughts. Copy and paste this in your Backlog comment/issue:

Backlog formatting:
#image(https://media.giphy.com/media/9P1HwCcTPpVLTNqUVE/giphy.gif)

Markdown formatting:
![image][https://media.giphy.com/media/9P1HwCcTPpVLTNqUVE/giphy.gif]

For this:

Alright, that’s all I have for you. Tell us what you think of this feature or how you might use it with your team members.

Happy collaborating!