Suggestions to improve Backlog / Ability to customize existing fields

1. Ability to customize existing field values - Remove values from existing dropdown list
  2. Ability to hide/ remove existing field values.
  3. Ability to reorder Custom and existing fields as a whole - No separate section for Custom fields.
  4. Ability to make existing fields in Backlog as Mandatory.

We need to have the ability to customize existing fields. For example, Resolution dropdown list - we should be able to add/ delete values in the list.

Hi @sjacob-h6s ,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and suggestions!

1. Ability to customize existing field values - Remove values from existing dropdown list. For example, Resolution dropdown list - we should be able to add/ delete values in the list.
  2. Ability to hide/ remove existing field values.
  3. Ability to reorder Custom and existing fields as a whole - No separate section for Custom fields.
  4. Ability to make existing fields in Backlog as Mandatory. Currently, only custom fields can be set as mandatory.

I’ve logged them as a feature request and submitted to our Backlog product team for review.

However, because the development roadmap takes in different considerations, we may not be able to fulfill all feedback/suggestions. But we do take your feedback seriously and are iteratively improving our product.

Do let us know if you have other feedback or suggestions in the future. Thank you :slight_smile:

Is there a high level roadmap available to view?

I’m sorry, unfortunately, we’re unable to reveal the roadmap, because it’s confidential information.

Ok thank you. Hoping there are more improvements coming around the corner soon.

1 Like

Thank you for your understanding and support @sjacob-h6s !

Some more suggestions:

1. Ability to sort the Comments list in an issue.
  2. More than 10MB file size per attachment in an issue.
  3. Custom field - If you select type as Number. the search is doing a range. It should give the option to do exact value, without having to enter the same value in box the text boxes.
1 Like

Thank you @sjacob-h6s :slight_smile:

I’ve forwarded your suggestions to our Backlog team.

Hi, has there been any progress on getting some of these features added? Would be great to see some of these incorporated to make Backlog fit our workflow more seamlessly.

Also, the 10MB file size limit on an issue is a pain to deal with. I’m glad we have a workaround to attach files at the project level, but it’s a bit cumbersome and some users get confused.