Bug Detected with the option "Copy Custom fields from other projects"

We have an option to copy custom fields in a new Project from an old existing project.
however, after successful copy the custom fields are applied to all issue types in the new project rather than only getting applied to the specific issue type.

for example
Older Project A’s issue-type “Task” is the only one with Custom fields and the rest issue types “Bug, Request and Other” are having default Backlog supplied fields.

In a newly created Project B, If I copy the custom fields from Project A, those fields tend to get applied to all Issue types in B(Task, Bug, Request and Other)
Rather it should only get applied to issue-type “Task” and leave the other 3 as its is.

Kindly rectify the “Copy Custom fields from other projects” logic. Snapshot attached

I tried to make it as much understandable as I can.
hope it gets fixed soon.

Thanks,
Irfan Shaikh

1 Like

Hi Irfan,

thank you for bringing this to our attention!

I’ve reported this bug to our Backlog team. When there are updates, I’ll inform you about it.

Thank you!
Soo Hian

Hi @irfan167258 ,

I’ve spoken with our Backlog Tech Support team, and they clarified that this is not a bug.

Because during the process of copying the custom fields into the new project, it is stated at the bottom that:

(* Relation with issue types not copied)

The custom fields’ relationship with the issue types are not copied over, hence they are applied to all issue types in the new project.

I understand that this behavior causes some inconvenience to your usage, and have asked our team to consider your feedback for future improvements. :bowing_man:

As a solution, you can edit the custom field’s details (in the new project) to make it applicable to only specific issue types.

1 Like

Hi Soohian
Thank you for the prompt action and response.
Yes, I would definitely recommend the retention of Custom Fields & Issue-type relationship while copying the custom fields to new project.
Again thanks for this amazing tool :blush: :blush: :blush:

Regards,
Irfan Shaikh

1 Like

@irfan167258

You’re welcome, and thank you for the kudos! :pray:

thanks for this amazing tool :blush: :blush: :blush:

Hi Soohian,
Has the team considered to fix the custom field retention with designated issue type when copied between projects?
This will be of great help and eradicate the activity of manually deleting them from the issue types they’re not intended for.
Hopeful of it.
Thanks,
Irfan

Hi @irfan167258

Thank you for contacting us.

I’m sorry, I’m unable to provide more information about future developments.
Our Backlog team was informed about this feature request, and it’s being considered in the regular/cyclical review of development priorities.

I’ve submitted your message once more to inform the team.
Thank you for your feedback.