Ability to share tickets publicly

We’re using backlog to track tickets for a board game that is still in development. Many of the issues that are reported come from playtesters who would love to be able to keep track of changes to issues that they have reported in the past. Unfortunately, there doesn’t currently seem to be a way to make a ticket publicly read-only (potentially with a restricted view). Is that something that might be added. I’d love to be able to give out links to issues to our playtesters!

Hello Jon,

Thank you for your feature request, I’ve informed your request to our Backlog team, and you’ll be updated if this feature goes live.

Feel free to add additional details so our product team knows how this feature would help you.  :slightly_smiling_face:

Best,

1 Like

Has there been any update on this?  This feature would be great.

Hi Dual Universe,

Thank you for bringing this up. I understand that being able to publicly share tickets will be wonderful for some users. 

I’ve forwarded your support for this feature to our product developers, it will count as a ‘vote’ for the feature in some ways. That being said, unfortunately, not all feature requests will be realized, and we hope to have your understanding.

To restrict project members to view or edit only:

Backlog has a feature where project members can only view issues/tickets, but not edit them. If you refer to the post here on managing user permissions, you can set the restriction to:

• Add issue only (They can view and comment, but cannot edit/change the status of the ticket)

• View only (They can only view the tickets, but cannot comment or edit/change ticket status.)

Hopefully, this would work for you in the meantime.

Please feel free to add more details of your use case so that our product team knows how the feature would help you. 

A post was split to a new topic: Reply and update users who added issues via email