Reply and update users who added issues via email

Hello Backlog Team,

This has been becoming really important these days to keep clients informed. Now, this is what I find a big time lack, and I may be forced to move to Zoho Project if I am unable to do it here. This is what we want to do

We want to allow user to send an email to us, which will create a bug automatically. I understand it is already here. Now the problem is, I couldn’t find anywhere if I can make a setting which will send an automatic reply to the sender that your request is recorded. Second, I tried to comment, add tasks to the bugs, it never sent any update to the person who sent it. I believe if someone has sent an email, which created an issue automatically, the sender should be informed of each activity that is happening with the Issue. Is this available with backlog?

Please confirm.

Thanks!
~V

1 Like

Hi @admin-qm2 (V),

welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, Backlog does not send an automatic response to the email sender in the “Add issue via email” integration.

Please let me illustrate an example use case: when a user visits your company’s website and they submit a message in the contact form, the contact form emails the message to Backlog (which will add the issue in the respective project), and then the form also sends a response to the user.

Another use case is using Google Forms to send inquiries to Backlog for adding issues.

Second, I tried to comment, add tasks to the bugs, it never sent any update to the person who sent it. I believe if someone has sent an email, which created an issue automatically, the sender should be informed of each activity that is happening with the Issue. Is this available with backlog?

I assume that the person/client who emailed is not a member in the Backlog project? Because unfortunately, Backlog does not have the function to email the sender about updates if they are not project members.

If they are project members, the integration is able to detect them from their email address, and assign them as issue creators.

Then as project members, they’ll be able to set email notifications for the project and receive emails for any issue updates/comments.

I apologize for the inconvenience that Backlog does not have the two above features. I will forward your feedback to our Backlog team for further review and consideration.

Thank you for your valuable input.