Importing issues

Is there a way to import issues from a csv file?  I have a bunch of issues in an old bug tracking system which can export them in csv format and would be great to get them inot BackLog.

Hi Peter, 

Yes, you can import them with “Bulk Issue registration via Google Sheets” function in Backlog. We have written up the complete guide on how you can register your bulk issue via Google Sheets too. Simply follow the guide to start importing your issue in bulk. 

Thanks.  Unfortunately, this isn’t working.

First problem is that in Step 1, I get to a message from Google that the app hasn’t been approved with a large blue Return to Safety button.  There’s also a small grey Advanced link which when clicked has some warning works and another small grey link to continue.  I clicked the continue link.

After that, the “Acquire Backlog definitions from Backlog” did not appear and the process ended with no visible change to the spreadsheet.

I went ahead and tried Step 2 anyway but again did not see the expected dialog, the process ended and the new worksheet mentioned in the instructions did not appear.

Suggestions?

Any response to this?  This is a deal breaker if you can’t fix it.

I’ve also written my own php script to import the issues using cURL to issue your API requests.  All the requests work fine except the Add Issue one which returns “error: 400 Bad Request” which isn’t very helpful.  Is there anyone who can assist with what might be causing the error?

I’ve also written my own php script to import the issues using cURL to issue your API requests.  All the requests work fine except the Add Issue one which returns “error: 400 Bad Request” which isn’t very helpful.  Is there anyone who can assist with what might be causing the error?

Hi Peter, 

Thanks for sharing further the issue with us. We have created a ticket for the issues, and our support team is investigating this issue further and will contact you directly via email as soonest.

We appreciate in advance for your kind patience.